Ekaterina Demidova, the master-trainer of group programs in the federal network of fitness clubs X-Fit, told AiF-Yug whether it is possible to make a garden man a fit figure.
A shovel instead of a bar, a bucket instead of a kettlebell, and cardio workout in the garden. The main idea of functional training lies directly in teaching the body the correct movement, which can exclude various types of domestic injuries and will teach you to feel and control the body during any physical exertion.
The summer cottage in itself is something other than a great option for a summer training ground. If you show a little imagination, you can make an excellent workout no less effective than in a modern real fitness club.
During classes, to make them as effective as possible, you need to pay attention to a number of important points:
• Performing asymmetric movements, it is imperative to make them the same number of times on the right and left side. It is necessary to change the grip of the tool, working on the beds. At first, it can be simply uncomfortable for a person, but in the future, such actions will soon develop coordination and work out the muscles symmetrically.
• Performing any movement, you need to try to draw a parallel with the familiar exercise that you perform in the fitness club. Think about which muscles are included in the work, and always keep a strong center. Your press should work in any exercise - both in the gym and in the beds.
• Do not overdo it. It is always easier to work and train in the fresh air than indoors. After 1-1.5 hours of active work, be sure to take breaks, do not forget to drink water and exclude loads from 12 to 15 hours during maximum solar activity.
• When preparing your summer training plan, be sure to include a small workout in it. Breathing exercises and simple basic exercises (7-10 reps each) will be an ideal start.
• Leg exercises (lunges / inclines / squats) can be performed with a bucket of water as a weight. A shovel, an ax and a rake will help to work out the muscles of the arms and back. Training with a wheelbarrow full of potatoes will completely include the whole body in the work. Believe me, no worse than crossfit.
The above seems rather strange, to put it mildly, but it’s still worthwhile to apply this knowledge and save money on modern fitness clubs. Who does not believe can try and leave a comment after.
Classification of sports in intensity
Each person has a different meaning in the concept of "playing sports." For some people, sport is a ten-minute jogging a couple of times a month. For others, a weekly swim in the pool. And for the third - an hour and a half hockey games at least 2-3 times a week. In each of the three cases, the question will sound the same: “Will I be able to go in for sports after arthroplasty?”. But the answer will be completely different.
Various sports are conditionally divided into three groups:
- light physical activity (swimming, jogging, gymnastics).
Professional sports are associated with strong joint loads. Being engaged in it, many professional athletes already at a young age are faced with deforming osteoarthritis of the knee or TBS, which is why they actually have to undergo surgery. While in ordinary people who lead a moderately mobile lifestyle, arthrosis develops only after 60-65 years. Thus, sports are one of the main factors that provoke joint damage. No less harmful they affect the endoprosthesis.
As for light physical exertion, they are practically safe. Running, swimming and simple exercises usually do not harm either the joints or the implant. If only a person behaves carefully, does not make sudden movements, does not slip and does not fall.
Stereotypical ideas about martial arts
- Martial Arts - it is for children and adolescents. After 25, not to mention the next sinister milestones of 35 and 45 years, seriously messing around on the tatami or jumping in the ring was somehow strange and ridiculous. Adult man go "karate"? It sounds like a magnificent mother of three children enrolling in rhythmic gymnastics!
- Martial Arts - this is for athletes. Ordinary “office athletes” have nothing to do there. When a newcomer appears in the hall, harsh professional fighters snort contemptuously, and their coaches raise their eyebrows in bewilderment. And then they will chase you with a humiliating whistle in their well-deserved coaching whistles.
- Martial Arts - this is not for a well-educated intelligent public. People with broad horizons, creative thinking and outstanding mental abilities should not be pretending to be Van Damme and Jackie Chanov.
Only “punched” petushniks, aggressive proletarians from the outskirts and half-mad militarist patriots who dream if not to build a new empire, then at least revive the school lessons of NVP, pound their faces and break ridges to each other during training.
- Martial Arts - it's scary and painful. You have never fought before, so be sure to "grab the full" from some local ruthless champion in the first sparring on the first day. He will roll your neck, beat off his legs and break his fingers.
- Martial Arts - these are permanent bruises on the face. Even if you stoically suffer “invisible” spinal injuries, your face will still let you down. Dissected eyebrows, bruises under the mirrors of the soul, a swollen nose, broken lips and (probably!) Broken teeth will give out the whole unsightly essence of your base activities.
And this will not fail to affect relations with colleagues, management, clients and partners. Of course, no one will want to deal with you and you will have to part with decent work.
Source - personal archive of one of the heroes of the channel "Battle Botany" Andrei Basynin
In reality, this is not quite so.
Perhaps martial arts were once a marginal hobby for impudent characters with athletic faces. But today they have become a useful and safe form of physical activity for normal people of any age.
What really awaits you in decent martial arts halls
- Special groups for adult beginners, where patient coaches will try to squeeze something relatively combat-ready out of flimsy or loose (but equally "wooden") enthusiasts. Yes, children grasp everything much faster, but they also do it separately. So do not be afraid to become the object of ridicule for your child's classmates - they will not see your “deadly kung fu”.
- Lack of competitive ambition at most of your co-workers. Next to you will be training the same "nerds", far from even thinking about fighting tournaments. And if in a year or two you still want to check what you have learned, then amateur "open rings" or "open carpets" are at your service.
But in any case, no one will force you to fight for medals and diplomas. Moreover, many types of martial arts do not, in principle, provide for competition.
- Meet interesting people different professions. Even if you do not make a living by hard physical labor, in the locker room of the martial arts hall you are not threatened to become an object of class hatred. Here you will find a fashionable DJ and associate professor of the university, a dentist and front-end developer, editor of the popular online media and oriental philologist. Here are a few female students.
Girls are generally an order of magnitude smaller than in fitness clubs. This is a minus. But if you are a girl, then all male attention will go to you. This is a plus.
- No contact sparring for beginners! Do not worry, you will not be torn to pieces by a venerable fighter. The first months will be devoted to the study of basic technology and the gradual improvement of physical condition. And only then will the neat work in pairs begin - with students of your own level and under the careful supervision of a trainer.
- Protective equipment. A helmet and a mouth guard will not let you look like a bully drunk or an unfortunate victim of domestic violence. Not to mention the fact that there are a sufficient number of styles and martial arts schools where headaches are not practiced at all.
But for other important parts of the body there is also a special protection, which, however, will have to fork out. But the choice of equipment is a separate pleasure, where even gloomy phlegmatic people turn into passionate fashionistas and shopaholics.
Now that you’re a little calm, let's talk about the nuances of martial arts that will be somewhat unusual for the inhabitants of fitness clubs. Unusual, but mostly favorable.
What is the difference between martial arts training and gym exercises
- More intense and varied workouts. Here you can’t read Twitter between the approaches and take a leisurely stroll to the cooler. But it won’t be boring either: the “assortment” of tasks and exercises is practically inexhaustible.
- Group Activities. Collective training, a large amount of work in pairs - all this is completely different from the individualism of the simulator. However, even if you are a beech, a misanthrope and an introvert, do not be discouraged: you can not talk to partners. But the notorious “elbow feeling” and “camaraderie” themselves will slowly sprout in your gloomy soul.
- Scheduled Workouts. Free access to the fitness club often plays a trick on weak-willed season ticket holders. “Something is lazy today”, “It's too late, I'll go better tomorrow”, “Difficulties at work, I’ll go to the gym next week” - all these traps are very familiar to you. With martial arts it’s not like that: the day and time of the training are known, the trainer is waiting, all the guys are in training - it’s more difficult to psychologically miss a training session.
- Work under the guidance of a coach. If in the simulator you are most often left to your own devices (if you do not buy personal training, of course), then in martial arts you are always engaged in a qualified specialist. The right trainer will keep track of the whole group, will not let you cripple yourself and your partner, correct mistakes and thereby provide all conditions for progress. If the group is large, older students help. And yes, in martial arts you can also take personal lessons.
- Martial arts are more expensive than rocking. :( We must admit this drawback, especially significant in times of crisis. On average, group martial arts training (three times a week) will cost you 2-3 times more than unlimited visits to a middle-class fitness club. You can console yourself with the mantra “more expensive - it’s better”, as well as the fact that in the case of martial arts you invest not only in your own health, but also to some extent in your safety.
And if we are talking about costs and investments, let's briefly list what to expect at the exit.
What goals can be achieved by doing martial arts
- Lose weight.
- Improve coordination of movements.
- Become faster, stronger and more resilient.
- Get self-defense skills and learn how to hold a punch in every sense.
- Gain flexibility and stretch (although splitting is not necessary for kicking).
In all martial arts clubs, martial arts halls, self-defense sections, you do not have to regret the money and time spent? Will you enjoy the process everywhere and achieve the desired results? Alas, no, disappointments are possible.
How to choose a suitable type of martial arts and a competent trainer
A very topical issue. After all, if you make a mistake with the choice of your type of martial arts, and take a charlatan for a class coach, then it is quite possible to suffer some damage. Financial, physical and moral. We will tell you in the next article about how to do everything right, what to look for and where the catch can be.
Good luck! Read Lifehacker and watch a fun and useful YouTube channel about martial arts “Battle nerds”!
What stereotypes prevent me from choosing martial arts?
Summarizing all the above errors and analyzing them, we can draw a general conclusion. Perhaps earlier martial arts were the lot of bold personalities, and there are the same people now. But! Now these sports have become a safe and effective type of physical training, and they can be useful for people of all ages. And an experienced trainer will monitor your work and warn against possible mistakes. In this sport, used exclusively for physical support, they are no longer “pounding their faces”!
What will be waiting for you in the martial arts hall now?
- A competent approach to organizing such halls now implies the presence of special groups for beginners. They are specially trained trainers who take into account all physical and personal characteristics. Children study separately from adults, and experienced athletes in other groups. No one can be the object of ridicule or gossip. Perhaps some of the newcomers in the future will wish to develop to a higher level of skill, but only psychological readiness for such a transition will give a signal to the coach that the martial artist will be able to engage in battle with a more experienced opponent.
- In such groups there is the opportunity to meet interesting people from other professions. In the halls you can get acquainted with the associate professor of the university, and with the doctor, and the editor, and with the successful master-designer. Thus, you can expand your horizons or just have a good time. You will not meet class hatred, as you will have the choice of an interlocutor acceptable to you!
- In properly organized halls, no one will "give" the newcomer to the "eaten by a mother-in-law killer." At the beginning, the beginner will learn the basics of wrestling or boxing for several months, and only then the coach will competently create pairs for a kind of competition. Such “duets” will consist only of beginners equal in level!
- The trainer will always monitor the use of protective equipment for the head, teeth and jaw, intimate places or chronically ill joints. Modern models of such sports equipment allow beginners not to look like a victim of a bully or domestic violence, and no one will have to embarrassingly excuse themselves with their bosses or colleagues.
- When practicing martial arts in order to maintain physical fitness, no one will have to face competitive ambitions. Nearby you can meet the same people who care about their health and fitness. They will not set goals about victories and fighting tournaments. And even if someone wants to measure their strength and skill, then for those who wish they can find the so-called “open carpets” or “open rings”. Such a decision will depend only on you, and no one will “put” you on competitions to win medals and diplomas.
All these pluses and dispelling facts about martial arts can be seen on the YouTube channel - its name is “Battle nerds”. A good example will help you make the right decision!
The differences between the gym and martial arts
There are five main differences between monotonous training (fitness, gym, etc.) and martial arts:
- Classes are more diverse and intense - it definitely won’t be boring, since the types of tasks from the trainer are practically countless.You also will not have time to browse your social networks or correspond with an old friend.
- All classes are scheduled only. Such an approach to organizing training will eliminate indiscipline, since you can’t be foolish at the psychological level by making a deal with conscience and forgetting that a coach and a group are waiting for you in the gym. Such a mistake is typical for many attending gyms. After all, it would be a shame to forget to accidentally forget to go to training in a group.
- Classes in a group. This point implies that most of the training takes place in pairs. And this means that the work is organized in such a way that even if you are an introvert or an eerie beech, the “camaraderie” will self-grasp to you unobtrusively, but correctly.
- Classes under the guidance of a coach. In the gym, only specialist instructions are usually given, and training takes place almost without his supervision. In the martial arts hall, the whole process is organized only by a trainer who can give practical advice or stop a beginner at the time of an error.
- The cost of martial arts training is about 2-3 times more expensive than the cost of visiting gyms. This fact can be considered a minus of such physical training, but if all the above advantages are closer and more effective for you, then you can find ways to solve such a problem. So you will be able to quickly get into your desired physical shape and to some extent ensure your safety.
How to avoid mistakes when choosing a hall and a coach?
The answer to this question can be obtained from reviews of familiar or reliable media sources. In addition, as a guest, you can view several classes of groups for beginners, having agreed on this with the administration of the hall. At the same time, the data provided in this article and the psychological atmosphere seen will help you understand the “correctness” of the selected martial arts complex.
When making a decision on martial arts, a visit to a therapist is also obligatory, which will help you get an answer to the question: "Are there any contraindications or what restrictions should you observe when choosing a sport and determining loads?" If necessary, the doctor will offer you to undergo a set of examinations or consultations with specialized specialists, eliminating possible errors.
Recently, dancing for weight loss is very popular. Still would! This is not just entertainment. You learn to move, feel and understand your body.
Directions are diverse: from jazz modern, free and emotional performance of ballet, to zumba fitness - medley of several styles of dance mixed with aerobics.
The main advantage of choosing slimming dances is the almost complete absence of restrictions. You choose the direction and go to the group for beginners, where the elements are not complicated, and the load is not very intense.
Another plus of this useful hobby is the tradition of reporting concerts.
Almost every dance studio organizes a reporting concert once or twice a year, where you show what you have learned and rejoice for the successes of others.
The event is not coercive, therefore speaking is not necessary. But you can come see, meet like-minded people and, perhaps, look for something new for yourself.
Running overweight is a great way to lose weight for fresh air lovers. Running not only contributes to weight loss, but also tone the cardiovascular system, increases overall immunity and endurance of the body.
In running clubs, as a rule, training includes jogging and exercises with your own weight. In each club, people are divided into groups according to difficulty level, so there is no need to be afraid - you will fall into your category.
Very often running clubs team participate in marathon festivals, which are now gaining more and more popularity. Variations of such marathons can be found completely different: short and long distances, as part of the competition or as an orientation. For example, in recent years, the game “Race of Heroes” is very popular, which takes place in waves throughout the country several times during the summer season.
But you need to choose the run for weight loss very carefully, since it has a number of contraindications.
Trampoline classes are gaining popularity. More recently, it was considered children's entertainment, and today every city has its own trampoline center for adults.
Trampoline exercises are an excellent substitute for strength training in the gym and running for people who are too overweight. After all, when losing weight on a trampoline, the joints do not experience a strong load, while the muscles work actively, the vestibular apparatus is trained, coordination, the muscles of the back and spine are strengthened.
Climbing is suitable for thrill-seekers and those who want to overcome fears. In the halls of climbing walls, as a rule, there are 2 types of tracks: a high climbing wall - climbing for difficulty and bouldering - tracks 4-5 meters without strapping insurance. Proper training at the climbing wall is divided into 3 parts: warm-up, climbing and general physical training.
During classes, you not only strengthen the muscles of the limbs and body, develop flexibility and coordination. During the passage of the tracks it is necessary to show ingenuity, organization and the ability to make decisions quickly. For more experienced students, trainers arrange field trips where you can work out on real rocks and compete with new friends.
Self Defense Courses
One of the alternatives to fitness that can bring practical benefits. Here you will not only lose weight and tone your muscles, but without fear you will be able to walk in the dark courtyard if you are late for a long time at work.
As a rule, similar courses are held by martial arts clubs and last 1-2 months. You will be able to learn techniques from hand-to-hand combat, sambo-wrestling and boxing, and if you get a taste, continue training in a separate kind of martial art at the same club.
Unfortunately, this hobby will not suit people with strong overweight, but with extra 5-10 kilograms it is easy to replace the gym.
Thinking about sports, do not go in cycles in fitness clubs. It is much more interesting and effective to find something to your liking and perceive sport not as a test, but as a rest, a pleasant hobby. In addition, in narrowly targeted clubs there are fewer people, and the coach always follows you. And classes are held in a group of like-minded people who will support you.
Tell me in x, what classes help or have already helped you lose weight: walking, running, yoga, swimming, or maybe the alternatives presented in this article? Share your success or give advice to beginners.
Martial Arts as a Fitness
There was a question in one American fitness questionnaire that helped fitness professionals better understand the needs of visitors to sports centers - and it sounded like this: "For what reasons did you quit training?"
The results were very interesting: in addition to the inevitable inconsistencies with the work schedule, employment and banal laziness, one of the main reasons for refusing fitness was ... the aimlessness of physical exercises.
People complained that the only goal of fitness is to maintain some decent physical shape, but at the same time, the person “doesn’t move anywhere”, doesn’t learn anything new, just spends energy - without any additional effect. The generation of those who value every minute and seeks to benefit from everything, clearly did not like this state of affairs ...
If we leave aside the innovative idea of connecting energy accumulators to people in the gym, there are not so many options for deriving additional benefits from fitness. And among them, martial arts will undoubtedly occupy a prominent place. the main thing dignity Such a combination - martial arts as fitness - consists in the fact that you simultaneously get physical activity and increase your level of skill, the level of possession of relevant skills. But how much can martial arts serve as fitness? Can they replace even monotonous, but safe and planned exercises with ordinary fitness? Or are martial arts similar to professional sports, which certainly does not contribute to improving health?
First of all, it is necessary to separate such concepts as professional martial arts (boxing, karate, aikido, kung fu, etc.) and martial arts-fitness.
In the first case, there is no question of any “benefits to the body”, “relaxation” and “improvement of the physical form” - not because professional martial arts are dangerous to health, but because this type of activity does not pursue such a goal.
The purpose of professional martial arts is the result, effect, and the perfection of specific skills. A professional cannot be stopped by mild knee pain or fatigue - and this already contradicts typical fitness principles, namely the principle of improving physical condition and health.
Martial Arts Fitness they differ from professional martial arts in that they do not set as their goal at all costs to bring to perfection the relevant skills, to develop certain skills.
The purpose of this type of martial arts is to acquire skills in an accessible (without complete immersion) volume, to develop your own body, endurance, the ability to move with good coordination, perhaps the ability to protect yourself.
In the future, we will talk specifically about the fitness variety of martial arts.
This is not to say that martial arts can completely replace fitness. The fact is that fitness (fitness equipment, exercises, weight training, aerobic exercise, etc.) helps in the first place shape the body, make it more elastic, inflated, strong, get rid of excess fat.
And martial arts, whether it be boxing or aikido, teach a person move correctly, that is, coordinate their movements, correctly transfer the center of gravity, maintain balance.
Martial arts are not a substitute for aerobic exercises, since they certainly give a load on the lungs and the cardiovascular system, but the load is intermittent, fragmented, or strength exercises, since they do not form a beautiful silhouette, as a rule, certain “necessary” muscle groups are developed .
Therefore, martial arts in the general fitness system do not replace other workouts, but supplement them. Engaged in aerobic exercises, you increase the endurance of your body and burn calories, doing strength exercises, you form a beautiful body, and doing martial arts, you teach your body to move smartly and economically.
- Confidence in movements, improved response. As already noted, martial arts they teach a person to move correctly, which means that you will feel more confident in all possible situations - not only potentially dangerous, but also everyday ones: on ice, during sports, when pushing people with your elbows in supermarkets. You will not foresee everything in life, but once such skills can be useful to you.
- Combat skills. I want to believe that you will not begin to use them unnecessarily in practice, but, again, anything happens. One fine day, the ability to defend or group correctly can save your life.
- Good coordination of movements. Unlike muscles, bones, and fat, coordination is an invisible component of your fitness. In ordinary life, you do not notice it, but in reality it controls all your movements. Almost all martial arts teach to distribute effort correctly, to shift the center of gravity in the right direction, to use a more reliable emphasis, etc.
- The overall development of the body. Despite the fact that martial arts do not specifically form muscle mass and a beautiful silhouette, such a “side effect” is completely real: your muscles become stronger, your body becomes more toned and slim.
The first and obvious drawback of martial arts as fitness is the possibility of injury. You are not safe from injuries during regular fitness exercises, but martial arts have this special - and not surprising: dislocations, sprains, bruises and even broken limbs in this segment of physical activity are not uncommon. The problem of the program’s limitations is also relevant, if you are not going to win belts of all possible colors and participate in competitions, any martial arts will be your final event: reaching a certain level of skill, you will lose interest. This is not true for professional fighters, but for those who engage in martial arts as fitness - very much so.
And the final tip: start fitness martial arts only if you really like them, if they give liveliness to your workouts, give you motivation.
Martial Arts as an Alternative to Exercise
It is generally accepted that martial arts and physical activity associated with martial arts are exclusively male sports. But recently, among the visitors of fitness clubs specializing in different types of wrestling, it is increasingly possible to meet women. This fact can be explained by the fact that such fitness classes are useful for both men and women.
The benefits of combat fitness training
Fitness training, which includes elements of combat sports, has a beneficial effect on the body. Thanks to such exercises, you can achieve the following positive and useful changes in the body:
- general strengthening and development of the entire musculature of the body occurs,
- consumes a large number of calories, which is important for women who want to get rid of a few extra pounds with the help of fitness classes,
- the reaction speed and coordination of movements improves, since martial arts involve training in a quick response to external threats, the correct distribution of efforts, the competent displacement of the center of gravity and the determination of the most reliable emphasis,
- increased self-confidence through the acquisition of combat skills necessary for self-defense. This is especially important for the fair sex, who can combine body shaping and self-defense training in one fitness training. Men will also have the ability to fend for themselves,
- nervous tension decreases, stress resistance increases, willpower and spirit train.
Features of combat physical exertion
The physical load that is on the body during training using military techniques, of course, differs from professional martial arts. Athletes-wrestlers perfect specific skills and compete in this among themselves. In fitness classes, which include martial arts elements, the emphasis is on the acquisition of special physical skills at a generally accessible level with the goal of strengthening the body, developing endurance and improving physical fitness.
The peculiarity of the physical load exerted on the body during combat training is that although it loads muscles and the cardiovascular system, it cannot fully replace strength training and cardio-load in its specificity.
With the help of martial arts, it is impossible to purposefully train certain muscle groups and increase muscle mass, and it is also impossible to maintain a high heart rate, as during aerobic fitness training.
Therefore, some experts recommend, if necessary, to use martial arts in combination with other areas of fitness for the harmonious development of the body and correction of body imperfections.
Other features of the use of military equipment in fitness classes include the following factors:
Of course, during such classes all necessary measures are applied to reduce the risk of injury, for example, opponents are selected in the same weight category and with a similar level of physical training. But, nevertheless, the risk of injuries during such fitness training is much higher than with standard exercises in the gym,
Each martial art has its own set of training movements and has limitations in their scope. For this reason, some people may find combat physical activity quite uniform, and upon reaching a certain level of physical training, it may turn out that classes have become boring and routine, and the development prospects are not wide and varied.
Martial Arts Types
Each type of martial arts has its own focus, and among the whole variety of martial arts you can find physical activity, optimal for solving individual problems with a figure and suitable in spirit. The most popular martial arts that are used as an alternative to fitness are the following:
With the help of Thai boxing classes, you can adjust the silhouette of the figure and strengthen the muscles, since this type of martial art includes both types of physical exertion: cardio loads and strength training movements. Thai boxing is characterized by a variety of movements that load various muscle groups.
A feature of this sporting direction is the combination of shock movements with the active clinch technique - body protection when striking an opponent in boxing.
The philosophy of Thai boxing, formed on the basis of centuries of experience, teaches its followers to show maximum respect for the opponent, and in Thai boxing they can be a man or a woman,
Fitness training in boxing technique not only strengthens muscles, develops endurance and coordination, but also improves brain function, because during a fight, in order not to get injured and not be defeated, it is necessary to calculate the opponent’s actions in advance and build a battle strategy in advance. All the benefits of boxing can be obtained only if you regularly visit the gym equipped for this sport,
- mixed martial arts are a complex of techniques of various martial arts.
Physical exercises of mixed martial arts are designed, as a rule, for people with a sufficient level of physical training. This is due to the fact that people who already have experience in other martial arts come to this sports field in order to increase physical load on the body and diversify their skills,
This type of Chinese martial arts includes a variety of techniques: from kung fu with its intense interval loads to wellness gymnastics aimed at stretching, developing the right breathing skill and developing concentration. For this reason, fitness classes in Wushu technique are suitable for people of all ages and with any level of physical fitness.
Can home workouts replace the gym?
Infographics: physical activity, body mass index
How to embark on the "true path"? We asked Oleg Tern, a psychotherapist, nutrition specialist, and author of the popular Three Fists diet.
- Intensive training, other things being equal, is most effective - a combination of power loads with free weights (barbell, dumbbell, kettlebell) and different types
But at the same time, not everyone likes such training, not everyone finds the time, means and strength on them, respectively, any other types of activities can be better and more effective
for a specific person.
The conclusion is simple - the most effective are those workouts that you can perform regularly and for a long time, actually throughout your life.
Physical education and sport need to be integrated into the lifestyle - only in this form will they benefit the figure and health.
- How to do it? Lifestyle is a set of habits and stereotypes that are repeated day after day, months and years, Oleg continues. - To change them, you need
consciously want this. A few weeks of strong-willed implementation of a new habit (for example, running in the mornings) instead of the old (an extra hour in bed), and things will go, and in a year and a half about the old
you don’t remember the habit.
It’s worth starting with a trip to a therapist, from whom you can be examined and get recommendations on which sports are available and shown to you. Choose the one that seems to you the most
attractive (you have time for it, money, and it seems to you more interesting than others).
Type in the line of the Internet search engine the query "" sport "where to start", read
first three articles from the list and get started! The rest will follow along the way - there will be questions, the answers to which, again, are not hard to find on the Internet.
If you think with your head, then do harm
it’s not as easy as it seems, and if you don’t think, then nothing will help.
My older sister has been engaged in fitness for a long time, was in shape, and she really liked. I would also like to go to the gym, but this is not an expensive pleasure, and I, as a student, cannot imagine it
let it. Perhaps you can achieve good results on your own, but at first it’s better to work with a trainer. Otherwise, there is a risk of harm to health.
Five myths about martial arts as a fitness direction for women
A variety of martial arts as a fitness area have become very popular in sports clubs in Russia.
A keen interest in them is shown not only by men, but also by women, many of whom, despite their desire, cannot cross the threshold of the hall because of certain prejudices. We collected all possible questions and myths about this area and discussed them with an expert and coordinator of the martial arts sports network of X-Fit fitness clubs Ilya Frank.
“If I go in for martial arts, I won’t lose weight, but I’ll swing.”
- Not. This prejudice is based on a lack of understanding of the specifics and principles of fitness. Martial Arts is a very dynamic work, a highly coordinated, high-intensity activity that includes functional and strength training, cardio loading and stretching. One workout is 1,500 calories, where the fat burning zone is 8-10%.
“Martial arts are not for girls, because it is very traumatic.”
- Not. But where the wind blows is understandable. Historically, in our country, fitness was presented only in the form of sports sections, and only those who got into the sports school from childhood could try what martial arts are.
When the fitness areas went to the masses and people began to be interested in martial arts, there were no personnel to work with them. Therefore, in the coaching staff, adjusting to the demand, they took professional athletes. Simply put, boxers came and mutilated people.
Now everything is different: there is an understanding that a martial arts trainer is not a fitness trainer and, to become the last, additional training is needed. I have been dealing with this issue for a long time, giving lectures, conducting courses and can say at least for my club: today's fitness trainers are competent.
This is a different nature of training, other goals, a loyal attitude. Many girls came to the halls, they are successfully engaged without any injuries. Today, opening the door to the hall, you will not see the battle.
- How to overcome fear and open this door for the first time? After all, it seems that everyone is so strong and professional there - you’ll be disgraced or just stand aside.
- Each of us remembers this moment when you take a deep breath, and, overcoming fear, cross the threshold of some important door for you. Well, if this is difficult to do, there is introductory training, you can choose an individual lesson or just talk with a trainer.
After all, classes are held en masse and in full force, and a personal conversation will relax, the coach will answer all exciting questions. At the introductory lesson we give recommendations on nutrition, tell all the nuances, help to choose the best kind of gloves. Therefore, after such a meeting, many questions and fears will disappear by themselves.
And it doesn’t matter what type to start with - the main thing is that the entrance is smooth.
- How not to get into the most aggressive martial arts?
- In the last place for injuries is classic boxing. And this is logical: an old, proven sport, experienced coaches and experienced people who work without fanaticism and with pleasure go to clubs. The most progressive and dangerous sport to date is mixed martial arts, or MMA (Mixed Martial Arts). They combine all kinds of struggles with hard contact.
Since this is a young form of fitness, existing trainers are working, it is difficult to retrain them. Many begin to "bury", train with customers, broken noses happen. But ultimately it all depends on the coach. We work with personnel in the field of understanding the difference between a martial arts trainer and a fitness trainer.
Although the realization that one cannot do without a blow to the head should be.
- Another myth: "classes in groups do not give an understanding of what martial arts are."
- Not. I just finished a group training, where the basic principle was just multi-hit combinations from professional sports. We do not imitate, as, for example, in tai-bo and aero kick.
Even with beginners, we put professional equipment, explain in detail where, what, and where it is moving. So the combinations in the group do not differ from the achievements of a professional athlete.
Here we are just expanding the functionality by adding a power unit to give many directions in one training.
- What about the statement “boxing does not exist without sparring”?
- Exist. It all depends on what the goals are. You just need to remember that sport and fitness are, by definition, different things. Sport is a competition, and fitness is a way of life. We just give a quality of life, a healthy approach. Therefore, the boxing in our network is formed so that training goes with the mark “fit-”.
Yes, there is footwork, bags, full ammunition - everything is serious. But I control the training process at each stage - so that the hands are bandaged correctly, so that the pair are equal in strength and experience.
I follow everyone so that the workout is as safe as possible, because otherwise it will not be a fitness workout, but martial arts in fitness.
- And another stereotype: "the practice of martial arts will protect you on the street."
- It is very important to remember that a strong person with martial arts skills is a person with weapons. It has been repeatedly proved that fear intensifies the blow, and if a technique is also delivered, the outcome can be fatal. Who needs this?
The street remains a street, you need to live by the laws and in case of conflict to seek a compromise. Also, you can not overestimate your strength. In addition to technology, there must be an understanding of how to strike right and on time.
And this is a serious practice of more than one year, during which you need to beat a living person, spar. Only in this way does a feeling of distance, timing appear, because it is important to understand not only where, but also when to hit.
Therefore, do not exaggerate your achievements, remember this!
Martial arts as a replacement for the gym - Healthy Russia
Every person wants to have a good figure. To improve your physical fitness you can not do without regular physical exertion. However, what to do if you crouch for hours, "pull the iron" and run on a treadmill is boring? Maybe you should try martial arts as these same loads?
Surely, some now thought: “Martial Arts? This is for schoolchildren and professional athletes. I'm too old to start. ” I assure you this is not so. Many sports clubs have special groups for adult "beginners". These groups have trainers with special patience who will teach you all the basics and even more.
What makes this kind of physical activity attractive? Firstly, you will meet different, important, interesting people.
Secondly, of course, classes in groups will help you learn how to work in a team, get along in any team and achieve any results together. Thirdly, all workouts are scheduled, which means it’s almost impossible to “slope” one or two.
Often people buy a gym membership with free attendance, and then skip workouts, reassuring themselves that they can always come.
All training takes place under the watchful eye of the head, in contrast to the gym, where you are on your own most of the time and can safely walk from the projectile to the cooler and sit on social networks. In martial arts you will not have a single free minute. At first, of course, it will be hard, but after a couple of months you and your figure will tell the coach: “Thank you.”
What can be achieved through martial arts? Well, of course, the main thing you can do is lose weight. In addition, such classes will help improve coordination of movements, increase willpower and discipline, gain self-defense skills and learn how to hold a punch in every sense, as well as gain a good stretch and develop flexibility.
However, the choice of a type of martial arts, like a coach, should be approached with special care and intelligence. Disappointments are possible everywhere. Therefore, it is worthwhile to find reviews on a particular sports club or even go for a trial lesson. But here, too, there are pitfalls, not always something starts to like from the very beginning. Therefore, try to evaluate even the first lesson objectively.
There are a lot of martial arts, it is important to choose the one that suits you. Jiu-Jitsu focuses on hand-to-hand combat. Judo - combines melee types and techniques with legs. Karate is designed more for balance, better coordination of movement and discipline.
Aikido uses the energy of the enemy against him, helping to build muscle faster. Taekwondo uses the same techniques as karate, but kicking here is more diverse.
In fact, there are many types of martial arts: here are boxing, capoeira, kickboxing, and sambo.
The general recommendation for beginners to engage in any kind of martial arts: to use as much as possible all possible protection: burls, gloves, knee pads. All this is necessary in order to avoid injuries. In any martial arts group, two or three injuries per season occur without fail, and the probability of getting them is greater for those who practice without protection than for those who are in defense.
Run by the rules
Keep in mind that running is not the easiest way to lose weight; it requires perseverance and compliance with the regime. In addition, it is contraindicated in people with weak joints and bones, as it can cause microtraumas and accelerate, for example, osteoporosis. But, as regards material costs, everything is at a minimum - just buy a pair of good sneakers. Just when you come to the store, ask the seller to give the sneakers exactly for jogging - they should take the bulk of the impact on the asphalt or hard ground, and not let it go further into your bones.
Running time is morning. Studies show that exercise at the beginning of the day speeds up your metabolism a day ahead and allows you to burn more calories. True, morning jogging can be uncomfortable for those who go to work by 8-9 hours. So you have to force yourself to go out in the evenings.
You don't have to run every day. 2-3 times a week for 30 minutes will be enough. Subsequently, you can accelerate and increase distances, but you should not start right away with champion standards.
Expenses: 1500-2500 rubles for sneakers.
If you have to ride buses, trolleybuses, minibuses or any other public transport every day, you have a good chance to reduce your expenses and lose weight at the same time.A single pass for all types of land transport now costs 650 rubles for 60 trips. Pleasure every weekday at least 2 times to ride a minibus - about 700 rubles per month. And the chance to walk is completely free!
In addition, walking is recognized as a great way to keep fit. This is not as traumatic as running, but just as effective! An hour of fast walking “resets” 300-350 kcal., Plus, helps to be alert and efficient even during the spring depressions. Studies show that daily walks prolong life, treat insomnia and depression, help lose weight and even stop smoking. And in sunny weather, staying on the street will also provide you with a supply of vitamin D.
Expenses: 200 rubles for the replacement of shoe heels minus 650-700 rubles of savings.
An hour of running up the stairs consumes about 900 calories. But of course, not a single marathon runner can stand such a test. However, small doses of walking along the stairs show good results. So, climbing 70 steps, a person loses about 30 kcal. Climb 2 escalators and 1 time - to the 4-5th floor, here you have minus a hundred calories per day. A study by British doctors showed that daily walking up the stairs reduces fat thickness by 1.5-2%, cholesterol by 3.9%, blood pressure by 2.3% and increases lung capacity by almost 9%. In addition, staircase enthusiasts have a 15% longer life expectancy than average.
Cleanliness is the key to harmony
No wonder they say that household work is also very difficult. If you calculate the energy costs of a full-fledged cleaning, it goes. An hour of washing dishes spends about 120-130 kcal, dusting - 80-90 kcal, cooking dinner - about 150-200 kcal, standing ironing - 70-80 kcal, window washing - 260 kcal per hour. And one of the most energy-intensive household tasks is hand washing. If you wash an hour in a row, say goodbye to 500-600 kilocalories.
Expenses: 50-100 rubles for detergents.
Himself a fitness center
Lack of money, free time and space in the apartment - the most common excuses for those who "can not" do sports. In fact, you can build your own gym with minimal cost and literally on a couple of square meters. Buy a rope and dumbbells - here you have sports equipment. However, you can do without them. Here are some exercises based on the resistance of the body to its own weight. To complete them you only need a carpet and willpower.
1. Push ups. The best way to train triceps, abdominals and shoulder muscles.
2. Leg press to the stomach. Stand in the original position for push-ups. Hands are straight, feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your left leg at the knee and pull the knee toward your right hand. In this case, the foot should be on the weight. Put your foot back. Such “pull-ups” must be made 5, then changed the leg - and do the same. For one approach, perform 15-20 swing with each foot. This exercise will provide you with a flat stomach and slim waist.
3. Jumping "lying". Squat and rest your hands in front of you. Now jump back so that your arms are in the same place and your legs are behind you, the body is straight. Now you should be in the position that was the starting point for exercise 2. Jump back - you should squat again. Repeat 2 trips 15 times.
4. Half moon. Lie on your stomach, bend your knees - your feet should be parallel to the floor. Put your hands to your head and raise the body as high as you can. Lie back and repeat 15-20 times (all you need to do 3 sets). This exercise tightens the buttocks, strengthens the muscles of the abdomen and lower back.
5. Squats Do 2 sets of 2 times - strong, slender legs are provided to you.
6. Swing feet. Stand with your left side against the wall and rest your hand against it (so that you have support). Do 20 swings with the right foot to the side. Roll over and do the same with your left foot. Now turn to the wall with your face, rest against it with both hands and do 20 swings with each foot back. This exercise strengthens the buttocks and inner thigh.
Expenses: 300-400 rub. on a rope, 700-1200 rubles. on a dumbbell.