On holidays, you can’t do without gluttony. New Year, followed by Christmas, then - Old New Year, Epiphany, New Year according to the Eastern calendar. How to correctly drink alcohol and protect yourself from gluttony at the holiday table?
Doctors are sure: to survive the holidays without loss of health, you need to psychologically tune in: do not overeat! Excessive amounts of food - a huge overload for the stomach, liver, pancreas. Gluttony often leads to an exacerbation of chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, which affects almost everyone, and even poisoning if the food turns out to be of poor quality.
After spicy, fatty foods, eating smoked meats, pickles and absorption of various alcoholic beverages, chronic gastritis, cholecystitis, pancreatitis, and gall bladder diseases usually remind of themselves. Diaphragmatic hernia may occur from overflowing the stomach, and the person will suffer from heartburn. In case of gallstone disease, such an exacerbation often happens that an ambulance has to take a person from the festive table to the operating room. Therefore, you need to try to reduce harm.
Cook meals using more greens, vegetables, and fruits. Plant foods contain many vitamins, minerals, biologically active substances. To maximize the benefits of vegetables, cook them over low heat or bake in the oven. More creativity! Indeed, from any products, not necessarily expensive and delicious, you can make delicious and healthy dishes. For example, rosy potatoes, sprinkled with parsley and dill, go well with pickled cucumbers, cabbage.
Leaving the table should be sooner than a feeling of satiety. No need to cook a lot of food for the future. In meat, fish, mushroom dishes, as well as in mayonnaise, which is seasoned with salads, after 12 hours, biochemical transformations occur with the release of toxins.
After the holiday, everyone needs to arrange an unloading, not to eat spicy, fatty and smoked dishes. People suffering from chronic diseases, it is advisable to drink a third of a cup of mint infusion before meals. Useful are jelly, baked apples, soft-boiled eggs, mashed soups: such food protects the gastric mucosa from irritation.
It is generally accepted that a healthy person will not be hurt by a glass of dry wine per day. This dose should be guided, otherwise the liver will not cope. To neutralize the effect of alcohol, it is advisable to drink a cup of strong green tea brewed with mint or coffee with lemon before guests arrive. Not later than an hour before the feast, you can eat something fatty (a sandwich with lard or butter).
Drinking alcohol is known to be harmful to health. Experts believe that if you can’t do without it, then it is better to choose one drink for the whole evening: white wine, vodka. Well, of course, do not overdo it with the quantity. Cognac and red wines usually respond in the morning with headache, nausea, unpleasant sensations in the liver. If you can’t refrain from mixing, you should take alcohol in increasing degrees: first dry wines, then fortified. You can not drink soda: it contributes to the immediate flow of alcohol into the blood and causes rapid intoxication.
From the time of Peter the Great, people were saved from a painful hangover by a dried fruit stew: apples, pears, plums, dried apricots, raisins. Dried fruits contain a lot of potassium and other minerals that best support the functioning of the heart and blood vessels. To improve the health of the victims of the “green snake” will help weak tea with lemon and honey, fresh kefir or fermented baked milk. If you feel sick, you need to take a tablet of activated charcoal, washed down with uzvar or kefir.
Honey helps with a hangover
Useful advice from British experts - a sweet, natural product perfectly removes toxins from the body, despite the large amount of alcohol consumed on New Year's Eve.
The main active ingredient in honey is fructose, which makes it easier for the body to break down alcohol into safe by-products.
Experts advised after a party where they could not do without alcohol, eat bread with honey. This will help to quickly return to a normal state, get rid of a hangover and headache. And before going to bed, you should drink a large glass of clean water, so there will be no dehydration.
New Year and Christmas are long-awaited holidays beloved by all. Games, fun around the green beauty for a long time remain in the memory of children and adults. We sincerely hope that they will be joyful. But do not forget that it is during the holidays, at home, on walks and at a party that the most unexpected dangerous situations can await you. To avoid them or minimize the risk, use the following rules:
Rules of conduct in public places during the Christmas trees and in other crowded places.
1. If you went to the New Year’s performance with children, in no case do not let them go far from you, as with a large crowd of people it’s easy to get lost,
2. In places of mass New Year's festivities, try to stay away from the crowd, in order to avoid injuries,
3. Obey the legal warnings and requirements of the administration, the police and other persons responsible for maintaining order, fire safety,
4. Be respectful to participants in mass events, service personnel, and officials responsible for maintaining public order and safety during mass events,
5. Prevent actions that could create a danger to others and lead to the creation of an extreme situation,
6. To carry out an organized exit from premises and structures at the end of events,
7. Upon receipt of information about the evacuation, act in accordance with the instructions of the administration and law enforcement officials responsible for maintaining law and order, being calm and not creating panic.
Fire safety rules during the New Year holidays.
During the New Year holidays ”in addition to the usual fire safety rules, you should follow a few simple rules that will allow you to get only positive emotions from the weekend:
1. Do not decorate the Christmas tree with cloth and plastic toys,
2. Do not cover the stand of the Christmas tree with cotton,
3. The tree should only be illuminated with industrial electric lights,
4. Indoors it is not allowed to light sparklers, use crackers and wax candles. Remember, open fire is always dangerous!
5. You should not use pyrotechnics if you do not understand how to use it, and the instructions are not attached, or it is written in a language you do not understand,
6. It is impossible to repair and reuse non-working pyrotechnics,
7. It is strictly forbidden to use home-made pyrotechnic devices.
- to arrange "fireworks" closer than 30 meters from residential buildings and flammable objects, under low canopies and tree crowns,
- carry pyrotechnics in your pockets,
- keep the wick near the face during ignition,
- use pyrotechnics in strong winds,
- direct rockets and fireworks at people,
- throw firecrackers under your feet,
- bend low over the lit fireworks,
- be closer than 15 meters from the lit pyrotechnic products.
It is necessary to set the wick on fire at arm's length. Remember that the wick burns for 3-5 seconds. It is very difficult to extinguish a flying spark: therefore, if it gets on the skin, a burn is guaranteed. When working with pyrotechnics it is strictly forbidden to smoke. Within a radius of 50 meters there should be no fire hazardous objects.
At the same time, viewers should be located at a distance of 15-20 meters from the launch pad, which is mandatory on the windward side so that the wind does not blow smoke and unburned parts of the products on them. It is strictly forbidden to use products flying up close to residential buildings and other buildings: their flight path is unpredictable, they can enter the house, fly into the attic or roof and cause a fire.
When celebrating New Year, it is not recommended in apartments and private houses to light sparklers at home, use exploding crackers, light candles on Christmas trees, decorate them with toys made of flammable materials. Do not leave unattended electrical appliances turned on.
In case of the slightest signs of sunbathing, immediately inform the fire department by telephone - 01, from a mobile phone - 112 (free of charge), evacuate people proceed to extinguish the fire with available means.
Rules of conduct in winter in open water
1. Do not go on thin immature ice,
2. Places with dark transparent ice are more reliable than those adjacent to it - opaque, frozen with snow,
3. Do not use skates on the first ice. It’s very easy to drive onto thin, immature ice or wormwood,
4. If it is absolutely necessary to move a dangerous place on ice, tie a cord around the belt, leaving behind a freely dragging end if a comrade moves behind. Cross this place with a large pole in your hands, holding it across the body,
5. When helping a comrade who has fallen under the ice, hand him a belt, a scarf, a stick, etc. You can grasp them harder than your outstretched hand, moreover, when approaching it is easier to break off the ice edge,
6. Having accidentally got on thin ice, step back with cautious sliding steps, without taking your feet off the ice,
7. Do not go with load over your shoulders on unreliable ice. If this cannot be avoided, be sure to remove one of the straps of the shoulder bag to immediately get rid of it in case of failure,
8. If you fail under the ice, do not get lost, do not try to crawl forward and break it with your elbows and chest. Try to lie on your back and crawl out onto your trail, and then, without getting up, crawl away from a dangerous place,
9. When breaking ice, it is necessary:
- Get rid of heavy, fettering movements of objects,
- Do not waste time getting rid of clothes, because in the first minutes, until completely wet, it keeps a person on the surface,
- Get out on the ice at the place where the fall occurred,
- Crawl out onto the ice by screwing in, i.e. rolling from back to stomach
- Stick sharp objects into the ice, pulling towards them,
- To move away from the wormwood by crawling in our own tracks.
10. Thin ice powdered with snow is especially dangerous.
It should be remembered that the most productive ones are the first minutes of being in cold water, until the clothes are wet, hands are not frozen, weakness and indifference characteristic of hypothermia have not developed. To render assistance to a person who has failed under the ice should be done only by one, at least two of his comrades. Accumulating at the edge of a wormwood is not only useless, but also dangerous.
During country walks or skiing, dangers such as hypothermia and frostbite can lie in wait for us.
Frosts with strong winds, prolonged exposure to low temperatures cause frostbite, and often severe. Frostbite is possible at low temperatures, but with high humidity, as well as if a person has wet clothes. The most commonly affected fingers, toes, auricles, nose and cheeks.
- impaired consciousness (lethargy and apathy, delirium and hallucinations, inappropriate behavior),
- blue or pale lips,
- decrease in body temperature
Signs of frostbite of the extremities:
- the skin is pale, hard and cold to the touch,
- there is no pulse in the ankles,
- When tapped with a finger, a wooden sound is heard.
First aid for hypothermia and frostbite:
1. Take the victim to the room and try to warm. This is best done with a bath, the water temperature in which should be from 30 to 40 degrees (in case of frostbite of the limbs, first lower them into water with a temperature of 20 degrees and bring the water temperature to 40 degrees in 20-30 minutes,
2. After warming, you should dry the body, put the person in dry warm clothes and put him on the bed, covering him with a warm blanket,
3. Give a warm sweet drink or high sugar food.
When frostbite is not allowed:
1. Rub the frostbitten parts of the body with snow,
2. Place frostbitten limbs immediately in warm water or cover with warm heating pads,
3. Lubricate the skin with oils,
4. Give large doses of alcohol.
Unified dispatch duty service of the Cherepovets municipal district (district EDDS): 8 (8202) 24-98-61 (round-the-clock) or 112.
Information: Committee for Civil Protection and Social Security of the Vologda Oblast
Fire safety of the New Year holidays
Let us consider in more detail each aspect that you need to pay attention to during the preparation of the premises and New Year’s home decoration.
- When pulling the outer Christmas garlands, it is worthwhile to understand that a blizzard can come at any time, so you need to make sure that they are secured. If a strong wind has begun, it is better to turn them off.
- Very often, undesirable consequences occur when removing electric wires from a garland from a room to the street. They are flattened by closing a door or window, wires are damaged, and there is a risk of overheating and short circuiting. Watch this moment.
- Halogen or fluorescent lamps can become very hot during use, so be sure to keep them away from flammable objects. Do not burn lights over a pool or pond.
- It is better not to use too many outdoor garlands and not to overload the electric circuit at home, as this can lead to a complete disconnection from electricity and even more so a fire.
- A very effective precaution will be the presence of smoke alarms in the room. I recommend using carbon monoxide responsive models.
- Protecting children from garlands, especially in the place where they connect to the network, is mandatory.
- Indoor lighting is not particularly waterproof, so move such garlands away from all kinds of humid places.
- It is very important to try to use power panels that are protected against overvoltage. Extension cords are best positioned evenly. Thus, you will avoid overheating. Make sure that the garland plugs are insulated.
- Modern garlands are much safer than their old counterparts, but there is still a certain risk. In this regard, choose only certified models.
- Do not purchase excessively fragile jewelry. Items with small and sharp elements can be very dangerous for young children.
- In the event that the power source is located close to wooden objects, then move tinsel away from them. The fact is that tinsel consists of foil, which can be a conductor of electricity. In addition, it should be kept away from garlands.
- Any pendant decorations located near heating appliances present a certain danger.
Candles, although they are traditional holiday elements, but also need to comply with certain safety rules:
- Place the candles on a sturdy and stable stand. They should also be kept away from flammable objects, curtains, upholstery and other things. If children are at home, be especially careful and keep candles out of the reach of them.
- Do not place candles on tables that are covered with plastic tablecloths, because they can easily light up.
- Do not leave candles unattended. When leaving the premises, be sure to extinguish them.
Safe use of fireworks
Using fireworks, you definitely need to know some set of rules, because otherwise you may encounter serious problems. Safety measures when launching fireworks play a major role in obtaining a memorable holiday. The order of the use of fireworks:
- The place for the fireworks should be an open space, free from various buildings, trees and fire hazardous objects (within a radius of 100 meters).
- If you feel a strong wind, it is better to wait, since in this case the danger zone increases significantly.
- It is highly recommended that you do not lean in front of the fireworks at the time of ignition of the wick.
- Do not violate the instructions for use attached to the pyrotechnics.
- Spectators should be 40-60 meters from the launch area.
- It is strictly forbidden to use pyrotechnic products in enclosed spaces (if these are not products of class 1).
The instructions for the fireworks should indicate the danger zone, in which it is extremely undesirable. According to the degree of potential danger in use, all pyrotechnic products are divided into five classes. The radius of the danger zone is:
- First class - no more than 30 cm (crackers, sparklers, etc.),
- Second class - no more than 5 meters (firecrackers, ground-based fireworks),
- Third class - no more than 20 meters (all kinds of salutes, missiles),
- Fourth grade - over 20 meters (professional pyrotechnics),
- Fifth grade - the rest of the pyrotechnics.
In addition to all of the above, it is worth noting the following:
- Watch the expiration date of products and do not use fireworks after it expires.
- Do not store pyrotechnics near heating devices and open flames.
- In no case do not disassemble the fireworks and do not try to burn them at the stake (this may sound ridiculous, but a lot of people regularly suffer from such mistakes).
- Be extremely careful and never direct fireworks towards people or animals.
Summarizing all of the above, one very important conclusion can be drawn. The proper use of garlands, candles, various decorations and fireworks is not difficult and does not require specific knowledge. If you take a responsible approach to the organization, you can avoid any adverse consequences. In the end, I would like to wish you an excellent, and most importantly safe, New Year holidays.
Ensuring safe working conditions is determined by the following factors:
- The most important are human life and health in comparison with the price of the manufactured product and the cost of the services provided.
- The need to minimize emergency situations.
- The need to minimize worker injuries to improve work efficiency
- The need to reduce the time of absence of qualified specialists due to occupational injuries and / or diseases at the workplace to a minimum.
The rules of safe work are studied during the acquisition of professional and / or special education. Also, safety regulations are published in the relevant training manuals.
In addition, when organizing work with performers, a briefing is given on industrial safety. By nature and time, briefings are divided into:
- Primary in the workplace,
Note. When performing hazardous or especially hazardous work, safety training is provided under painting. This documentarily confirms the communication of information to all performers and in the event of an emergency / emergency, injury or loss of life serves as evidence during the investigation.
Work-related injuries and mortality
Non-observance of safety measures leads to industrial injuries.
In Russia, in 2008, the number of injured at workplaces was 58 thousand (compared with 152 thousand in 2000), 2548 dead (in 2000 - 4400). The Russian industrial mortality rate in 2008 was 11 per 100,000 employees (2.7 in France, 2.6 in Italy, 1.4 in the UK).